Crane Payment Innovations (CPI) is the combination of Crane Payment Solutions and MEI Conlux Holdings (“MEI”). CPI, along with Crane Merchandising Systems, forms the Merchandising Systems business segment of Crane Co., a diversified manufacturer of highly engineered industrial products. CPI serves over 100 countries, and has one of the world’s largest installed base of payment systems.
The strategic focus of CPI is to provide a full range of high quality money handling solutions, aimed at the financial services, gaming, retail, transportation, and vending markets. Drawing on decades of heritage and expertise, our team develops core validation technology to provide a range of payment systems and associated products with high security protection. CPI offers the most extensive range of bill and coin validators and recyclers, coin hoppers and dispensers, plus software applications. All our products and technologies offer real end user benefits, from the highest level of security and fast acceptance rates, to low maintenance and labor costs. We pride ourselves on our people and our customer-centric focus.
The Engineering Team Lead will be an experienced software developer/team lead responsible for local management of the CPI Support tools team members based in Kiev. The position will involve a combination of technical development on current projects, technical mentoring of current associates and students as well as fulfilling required line management responsibilities; these include performing scheduled reviews and IC updates.
- Design, code and implement new product features and enhancements and fix bugs. High quality and on-time delivery of these is expected
- Generation of project/product documentation, including design, requirements, specifications, help, design proving and software release documentation
- Adhere to the software release process for all assigned software tasks
- Actively log/document all issues encountered and solutions developed in CPI’s issue tracking tool, Jira
- Work with local team to ensure tasks are understood and accurate estimates are provided
- Work with team manager/SCRUM master/software architect/relevant product manager to understand requirements for local team as required
- Communicate progress/issues to SCRUM master / team manager
- Complete quarterly IC Review with HR
- Carry out informal quarterly reviews with team members
- Complete annual performance review process with team members
- Participate in local hiring process. This includes reviewing resumes and participating in interviews
- Local management for attendance and administration/reporting
- On a regular basis, meet with local team to discuss development processes and how they can be improved specifically with respect to local site
- Become local site admin/expert for support tools development tools. These tools include
- Bamboo, Jira, Perforce, Git